Sunday, September 6, 2009

Are You A Player??

Not that kind of player, sickos. I know what you were thinking.

I mean have you joined the "Your Team" craze? If you haven't: (1) shame on you and (2) please get out a little more and finally (3) I'm not going to go into detail here but if you want to crawl out of the hole you've been in and start playing you can leave a comment and I'll explain the intricacies of the game there.

For now, just pretend you're following me.

As any seasoned player knows, Walmart provides a 24/7 veritable feast of potential "members". Upon returning from Cali and lamenting the lack of plentiful game material in Utah that we witnessed in the land of Mickey Mouse, my sista Fancy took to the Internet and found a new upstart site-wwww.peopleofwalmart.com- which might be the single greatest dot com invention since Ebay. I don't know if the creators are Teamers, but if they aren't they were undoubtedly inspired by the patron saints of mockery to provide the world with such inspiring art and ample proof that Walmart is actually a 4th dimension or porthole to another world.

Geniuses at wwww.peopleofwalmart.com, we salute you!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what the game is, but that website was HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty simple. Think back to the kick ball or baseball team selection in elementary school. All the best are claimed first, leaving the habitually uncoordinated and artsy fartsy people like me to be picked last. "Your team" operates on the opposite philosophy- you want to find those "extra special people" that you find at the mall, grocery store, park, etc..., and put them on someone else's "team". Your goal is to amass as many "team members" on everyone else's team BUT yours. We don't keep score, but I'm pretty sure my sister is winning because she puts at least 10 people on my mom's or my team daily. Sometimes we gang up and put everyone on my mom's team because it irritates her so much. It's all good fun- not mean spirited or anything- just laughing at the many ways we human beings are different!

    ReplyDelete