Tuesday, September 8, 2009

By 11 O'clock this morning the Man Child had:

*disrobed himself

*dumped sugar all over the kitchen floor

*ripped a Berenstein Bears books to shreds and threw the pieces off the 3rd floor walkway onto the living room floor below

*rubbed gum into the carpet in my bedroom

*dumped out every book and toy in his room

By 11:05 I was ready to ship him off to the jungle.

But 5 minutes ago he fell asleep while watching "Cyber Chase" on my bed.

I love to watch him sleep. Only then is the Man Child is still long enough that I can see the shadow of the tiny baby Heavenly Father blessed me with almost 3 years ago. He was beautiful and perfect and sweet. That baby boy is still there; it's just now he's encased in a 40 pound- future linebacker & mass of pure willpower and stubbornness- package.

I have a 100 things I should be doing right now as I have an unexpected free afternoon, but instead I think I'll sit here and watch him a while longer.

What a beautiful boy.

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch my kids sleep too, helps me regroup and remember what all this madness is about and that it goes by so fast in the scope of things

    ReplyDelete