Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm Trying To Be Mature About This.......

Oh, did you hear that BYU beat Utah on a "last play of the game" TD in overtime on Saturday?

Nail biter much???

Yeah, that's all I have to say about that.

Oh, but I must address Max Hall's post game comments:

#1- Dude, you need to move on with your life. I am truly sorry that your family was persecuted at the game. But blame the few individuals who acted like classless bums, not the whole university and half of Utah's population.

#2- Both BYU and Utah fans need to get a life. If your entire year is centered around this one rivalry game you really need to get out more. Or find another team to follow so that your attention is divided and life is more balanced.

#3- I love the University of Utah. I love the people, the teachers, the campus, the environment and culture......I could go on and on. I went to BYU for 2 years before transferring to the U. While BYU was a great school with wonderful programs and people, it never felt like home. From the moment I walked onto President's Circle at the U and immediately fell in love with the architectrue and history of the buildings I knew I was where I belonged. My daughter spent the first years of her life living in U married student housing, attending U preschool and spending almost every Friday night at a football or basketball game. In the much villified student section I might add. I think that's why she's such a fan now- she identifies with the school and culture as much as The King and I do. Our "U" years are a vital past of our history as a family. In the best days of my life, the day my husband and I both graduated from the U ranks only behind our wedding day and the births of our children. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Univeristy of Utah

A Uath Man Am I!

1 comment:

  1. funny. i kind of have the same story with byu as you do utah. except we didn't go to many games. i was glad byu won but it's nothing to brag about when it was so close it could have gone either way and their records are pretty closely matched this year.

    ReplyDelete