Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Did You Know I Have Issues???

This is getting ridiculous.

I cannot stop painting. It all started with my mistinted purple office. Every time I walked by this room that I NEVER use I'd get nervous and my eyes would start twitching. The color literally drove me nuts. So I've been trying to self-medicate by doing realization exercises (ie....You can live with bad color Loma. It's not important. There are wars all over the world and starving children.....) but they were to no avail. Last week I grabbed my chance to fix the "ode to Barney the dinosaur" color. I was painting our master bedroom as a surprise to my hunny for Valentines, and I thought, hey I have this can of extra paint (I may or may not have intentionally purchased an extra can) that will just sit on the shelf in the garage waiting to go bad. I should definitely, for economy sake, paint the office.

So I did.

It looks lovely. My heart is almost happy. Almost you ask? Well, once I finished the office I happened to look down the hall into my daughter's bathroom and I noticed that the walls were woefully the same color they had been since we had moved in. They were calling to me "paint me, make me pretty". So I figured while I have the mess out I ought to just keep going. Then the kitchen walls, which were regretfully a shade too light than what I had been hoping for, fell victim to my roller and brush. What started out as a gift to my patient hubby (who had been waiting for 2 years for me to paint our room, go figure) became a 4 room paint-a-thon.

Don't judge. OCD is a real disease my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love a good coat of paint in a house. I can't wait to see how beautifully it turned out.

    ReplyDelete