Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm An Old Lady.

One of my all time favorite movie lines comes from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, when the dad tells his "spinster" daughter, "You need to get married- you are looking old". Today when I looked in the mirror the last half of that line immediately came to mind. From the gray strands in my hair and the fine lines popping up on my face, to the ever slightly sagging skin on my neck, I look old. Fortunately I'm already married and it would be way too expensive for him to divorce me, so I don't have to worry about catching a guy with my aging looks. But it is still depressing. I now understand why Joan Rivers looks the way she does. Plastic surgery doesn't seem like such a bad thing in the wake of realizing that your shelf life is half way over.

No comments:

Post a Comment