Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Ugly Truth About Gerard Butler

I'm really not obsessed with this guy, I promise.

It just happens that I watched Phantom with Fox this afternoon. I was trying really hard to focus on his acting and tune out his atonal vocal spasms (okay, so at least he tried to sing. While the producers probably regret not dubbing his voice with Josh Groban or that Spanish guy from Il Divo, at least his vocals weren't as dreadful as Peirce Brosnan in Mama Mia. Nothing can touch that), when I suddenly remembered that yesterday the King showed me the movie poster for Mr. Butler's summer release, The Ugly Truth (yes, the King feeds my bad habits- he's kind of my man-candy drug pusher).

The poster is hilarious. The King wants to use it as a screen saver. It's questionably inappropriate for young eyes, so I didn't copy it on here, but check it out if you can. It's the one with the men/women bathroom figures. I'm not sure if the tweens would get why it is so funny, but better to be safe than corrupting their innocent minds.

Notwithstanding the great poster, I refuse to add this film to my "movies worth paying $8.50 to see" list. This movie screams "pandering to the lowest common chick-flick denominator". Yes, Mr. Butler is an Adonis worthy of Greek mythology, but Katherine Heigl makes me want to punch the closest perky blond in my vicinity. I don't even watch Grey's Anatomy but I've heard through the grapevine (okay, People magazine) that they might kill her off, and I say here, here. Let the lady be gone.

Please, please, please let me know if you hear of any good chick movies coming out. I will be consuming so much testosterone fueled action this summer that I fear I will be in danger of developing a multiple personality and joining the NRA.


PS.
Watching Phantom of the Opera with Fox was an adventure in extreme parental patience. He likes to ask questions throughout the entire movie. My two favorite were "Do you think Christine died of heart disease?" (I think he must have watched a Nova on women's health issues recently), and "If the Phantom and Christine did end up together, do you think their kids would be born with masks and capes on?".

Where does this kid come from????

No comments:

Post a Comment