Thursday, March 19, 2009

Paying My Respects to the Elderly...

Happy birthing day to you,
Happy birthing day to you,
Happy birthing day to the King/Elbow/Haime/Cha-Chee.
Happy birthing day to YOU!!!!!


A few thoughts on this auspicious day:


"We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it." ~ Anonymous


"A person is always startled when he hears himself seriously called an old man for the first time." ~ Oliver W. Holmes, Sr.


BIRTHDAY BELIEF SYSTEMS Idealism: Happy Birthday. Capitalism: I shopped all day for your birthday. Atheism: I can't believe it's your birthday. Taoism: It's everybody's birthday. Buddhism: If your birthday party was held in the forest and nobody came... would it make a sound? Existentialism: Your birthday means nothing to me. Sarcasm: You don't look half bad for someone twice your age.


Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says, "Ted, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How do you feel?"

Ted says, "I feel like a newborn baby."

"Really? Like a newborn baby?"

"Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants."


"From The Moment our heart first beats we are dying . So Birthdays Are just Celebrating another year closer to death."


“Few women admit their age, few men act theirs”


"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." ~ Cora Harvey Armstrong


"The best thing about getting old is that all those things you couldn't have when you were young you no longer want." ~ L.S. McCandless


"First you forget names, then you forget faces, then you forget to pull your zipper up, then you forget to pull your zipper down." ~ Leo Rosenberg

Happy 35th Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes. You are the best and keep me sane. Thanks for being my trophy-wife.

    ReplyDelete