Monday, June 29, 2009

Inspiration, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?

For the past week I have really struggled to make myself open my laptop and write. I have no idea where the fire and drive that has pushed me for the last six months to blog as much as possible has gone. Did I give it to the kids? The spouse?? The puppy I gave away because it peed on my floor?

Today I can count probably ten things that happened in the course of the day that I would consider "blog worthy". The Man Child took off his diaper 4 or 5 times this weekend and left "surprises" all over his bedroom floor, so I headed to Walmart today and picked up some Pull-Ups and thus committed to beginning the most horrible ritual of parenthood, potty training. Luckily the kid loves sitting on the toilet and trying to force a pebble or trickle out. But that's all they are- pea gravel and drips. He saved the flood and boulders for 10 minutes after he got off the pot, and we discovered that Pull-Ups are no where near as absorbent or leak proof as their diaper counterparts. It's a good thing I picked up a bottle of carpet cleaner when I got the training pants.

Tonight we watched "superman Returns" as a family (sans The King, who is in Baltimore yet again. *sigh*). Tween Queen and I were pretty content to sit back and enjoy the newbie Superman eye candy (When was the last time Hollywood found a male lead over 6 feet tall? He is seriously delicious- boy next door charm, chiseled face, beautiful blue eyes...), while Fox found the movie pretty insipid and decided to provide a running commentary on the story line and dialogue using Wipeout's John Henson as his muse. He was more annoying than funny until the movie reached the scene where the giant ball on top of the newspaper office began to fall in an earth quake. Fox immediately jumped on the "ball" humor, and got off a few zingers before the action was over:

My ball, it's dropping!!

My gaint ball is falling down- it might hurt someone!

Can't someone save my ball??

My ball is going to explode!!


I don't think he knew exactly why TQ and I were finding his jokes so funny. He just appreciated the laugh. I think my son learned an important lessone tonight, that you can never go wrong with some good ball humor.

How ironic- I began this blog complaining that I couldn't find anything to write about, and here I am twenty minutes later contemplating sharing more stories from todya but knowing that I should stop because I've probably already gone on too long.

Venting is truly therapeutic.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Maggie's been doing that the last few days too! She either finds a way to get her diaper off or finds a way to reach inside and grab her newly deposited surprise out of it. DISGUSTING! Does this mean I need to start potty training? AHHHHH. I have no idea what to do!

    Hmmm...motivation to blog. I think we all go through that. Just try not to put too much pressure on yourself to do it and don't feel bad if you can't get around to it some days. I used to be a blog Nazi with myself and felt like I had to write something every single day. Needless to say, I got way burned out. Just do it for fun and try to keep it fun, otherwise, it won't be worth it!

    BTW, I'm LOVING the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO GLAD!!!! I'm going to have to reread them because I was so into the story the first time I didn't pay a lot of attention to the details.

    It may be potty time for Maggie. The biggest indicator is if she know's what she's doing and can "perform" on demand. Until then, I think it's a humungous pain in the rear to try to force the potty on them. MC can pee on demand, so I probably should have started 6 months ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. She can't perform on demand yet...but I don't think I can handle any more "incidents" while I wait for her to figure it out. Why is there not a manual for this kind of thing?!? Oh the agony!

    ReplyDelete