Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Note From Inside a Locked Room......

I hate waking up to screaming children.

I guess that's what this summer is going to be for the MC and Fox- one waking up the other before they are ready and then the cranky bickering begins.

Seriously, would it kill them to sleep in until 8:00? Who wakes up at 7:00 if they don't absolutely have to??? (well, except my nephew who wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30 every single day, but he wakes up happy as a lark so AND entertains himself).

This morning the boys took their wake up brawl to a new level. What was different? Well, usually the MC just bullies Fox around and Fox takes it because he doesn't want to get in trouble for picking on the little kid. But today he stood his ground.

Bravo Fox. It needed to happen. The Man Child is 6 years younger but only 15 pounds lighter. He uses him mass and brute force to push Fox around. He needed a healthy dose of humility.

But now I having a screaming headache.

Wonderful

So I've banished everyone to the TV room to watch a movie with the warning that anyone who steps a foot out of it will go right back to bed. Stellar parenting I know, but if I don't get rid of this migraine now the entire day is shot.

I can't remember the last time I slept in as long as I wanted and woke up feeling like I could take on the day. Maybe that only happens after the kids are out of the house.

July 23rd can't come soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. You can add Oakley to the list of crazies too. She gets up every morning at 6 on the dot. Life is so unfair!

    ReplyDelete